Contrary to what many believe, there are a number of varieties of Sage. Each of them come in different colors and also differs in usage. Knowing their types and specific usage can save you from mistreating any health issues that you may have. Here are the different types of Sage.
1. Golden Chia: This type of Sage if known to have remarkable health benefits and is well known to those who are health conscious. It is branded as a superfood and is rich in fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Watch this clip to have a better idea of Golden Chia:
2. Cleaveland Sage: The Cleaveland Sage has a very distinctive smell. For this reason, it is often used for cooking.
Nevertheless, as a culinary precaution, it is recommended to avoid using big amounts of Cleaveland Sage as an ingredient since it can alter the taste of the dish. In addition to that, the Cleaveland Sage is also often made to a tea which is used to treat respiratory issues.
3. Diviner Sage: This specific kind of Sage comes with a warning since it is not widely allowed to be planted and used. The reason for this is because of its effects that include hallucinations, paranoia, and confusion.
Despite these side effects, a few people use the Diviner’s Sage for treating digestive issues, regulate urination, and bowel movement.
4. Garden Sage: The Garden Sage is known as a multi-purpose plant since it can be used as a decorative herb and a cooking ingredient.
5. White Sage: The White Sage, on the other hand, is perfect to be used as incense if burned. Its scent promotes relaxation and helps improve your mood. It can also be incorporated into a variety of dishes. Furthermore, it also served as lactation and mucosal suppressant.
To know more about White Sage and its uses, watch this clip:
6. Greek Sage: As its name suggests, Greek Sage is often incorporated or used in Greek dishes. It gives a unique flavor to meat and soups.
It is also used to remedy digestive problems and used to stimulate appetite. It is also used as a diuretic to help deal with internal and external bleeding.
7. Pineapple Sage: The Pineapple Sage is not only unique when it comes to its appearance, but also with its medicinal properties.
This type of Sage showcases a tubular red flower that typically attracts hummingbirds and butterflies. It is also used as an antidepressant and anti-anxiety remedy.
Get to know additional information about Pineapple Sage through this short video
8. Tobacco Sage: Considered as one of the interesting variants of Sage is the Tobacco Sage. This particular type of Sage is used to treat respiratory issues like sinus problems and secretions in the throat that is caused by agitated respiratory tract.
However, it is not recommended to be used by mothers who are nursing since it can suppress milk production. Moreover, Tobacco Sage must be used with extreme caution as it is known to cause hallucinations.